Five Truths About Most Dental Insurance
Dental insurance can be a source of confusion and frustration for many people. At Paloma Dental, we consider it our responsibility and privilege to explain your individual insurance benefits. Please call us at 720-440-7743 or email us at [email protected] with specific questions. Until you have the opportunity to call, please feel free to read on!
For simplicity’s sake, I am only going to discuss PPO-type plans, which is the only type of insurance Paloma Dental takes. A few facts about most PPO dental insurance plans:
- It usually helps pay for part of treatment costs per year (depending on your yearly maximum), and requires co-pays for most treatments.
- A co-pay is usually 20-50% of the cost of the coverage up to your yearly maximum.
- Your PPO plan may have a missing tooth clause, meaning that it will never help pay for a tooth that was missing before the policy began.
- Your plan may have a waiting period, which means you must wait 6-24 months before beginning to use the plan.
- Monthly premiums are meant to be paid by your employer, so purchasing a policy without employer assistance usually isn’t worth the monthly premium, especially when there is a waiting period.
Given all of these confusing aspects of dental insurance, Paloma Dental wants to help people find a solution. We have created The Paloma Plan to greatly reduce the cost of your care, remove a bureaucratic middleman between you and your doctor, and remove any maximums, exclusions, or waiting periods. You benefit with more consistent and simplified care, while our office benefits by increased consistency in patient visits. We would love to see if this would be something you would benefit from joining. Please email us at [email protected] or call us at 720-440-7743 to learn more about how we are making dental care more affordable and simple for our patients.